for our urban communities
Unity Health is proud to deliver a comprehensive spectrum of health care across the full breadth of Toronto. With St. Joseph’s in the west, St. Michael’s in the downtown core and Providence in the east, Unity Health’s sites have been an integral part of our city’s communities for generations. Every person who turns to us for care brings with them their personal history, needs and experiences. Every person’s health care journey is different.
Over the next five years, we will work closely with our patients and partners to seamlessly integrate each person’s journey across the spectrum of care.
Through the use of technology, research and data, we will make sure people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
In five years, Unity Health Toronto will:
- Be the leader in integrated care for diverse urban communities.
- Provide integrated care that encompasses enhanced 24/7 access, seamless transitions, innovative options for provider/patient interaction including virtual care, increased patient autonomy and choice in care.
- Continue to be a trusted and valued partner that collaborates well with all providers in the health system.
- Work with patients, families and our partners to create a seamless health care journey where each person is able to define their best care experience.
- Create a Care Experience Institute to advance innovation and collaboration within Unity Health and with health care partners across the province, the country and the world.
- Use the power of data, information and analytics to help Unity Health and our partners shape a patient care experience that meets each person’s individual circumstances and need.
- Strengthen existing relationships and create new partnerships to advance excellence in integrated patient and family partnered care.
- Our patients and families tell us they are experiencing a seamless care journey, particularly during transitions in care.
- Our Institute is shaping how health care organizations partner and how they share innovations, research and evidence across the province and around the world.
- Our care teams and our care delivery partners are using real-time data to plan and make decisions.