Investing in our future
Being good stewards of public resources is a hallmark left to us by our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto. Coming together as Unity Health allows us to be more efficient in our work and to create opportunities for collaboration across our sites.
Over the next five years, we will continue to make thoughtful and prudent choices that maximize existing funding, support excellent patient care and drive our strategic plan.
We will empower our teams to develop innovative ways of creating organizational value. We will work together with our Foundations to create innovative and inspirational solutions to improve patient care. We will be respected for our environmental stewardship. And we will be known as a leader in shaping new integrated funding and care models that maximize public resources – all in a time of transformative change in Ontario.
In five years, Unity Health Toronto will:
- Build a nimble culture that makes decisions through a value lens.
- Be stewards of the environment by reducing the impact we make on the planet.
- Be a leader in shaping new funding and care models as well as maximize existing funding envelopes.
- Lead and be responsive to system transformation through an open and transparent partnership model that recognizes we are striving to be the partner of choice for stakeholders across the health system and industry.
- Develop strategic partnerships in a variety of sectors (e.g. analytics, tech companies, academic institutions) to find new and better solutions for health care delivery.
- Drive performance excellence by improving financial fluency and business acumen across the network.
- Create a multi-year investment strategy to drive business development and revenue generation.
- Partner with our Foundations to identify urgent and compelling strategic priorities for donor investment.
- Invest in our capital infrastructure and digital technology while delivering capital projects on time and on budget.
- Our partnerships are strategic and successful.
- We will evolve the cost structure of our network to be in the top quartile in the province.
- We will identify visionary, ground-breaking and innovative projects that attract philanthropic investment.
- We will be recognized for our work in environmental stewardship.